For the couples who just cannot decide on what to do on a date, a prelude of arguments follow before they can actually spend time together. All the couples who are proudly ‘indecisive’ for Valentine’s, here are some prep-up ideas that might help:
1. Remember that one random thing you both have wanted to do since forever? Well, now is a great time to go for it. It is not important that you beat yourself out planning the perfect ‘dinner’ date. Instead, think of that one thing you’ve been debating to try for a while. How about taking that dance class you have been wanting to try, or go for a wine-tasting session together. Or just beat each other at a game of paintball. Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to become a cliché that’s meant for doing everything that is considered ‘romantic’.
2. You probably think you know every little gory detail about your partner, but you probably don’t. How about staying in, and having a meaningful conversation with them? You can search for a list of “date night questions” or just make a random list of your own, but make sure that you ask questions that require you to be absolutely honest with each other. Open a bottle of wine, and let the conversation flow. You will end up knowing so many new things about your partner.
3. If deciding on the ‘perfect’ place is only leading to more arguments than excitement, why not do something tried and tested? You can recreate some past dates that led to the two of you falling for each other. Probably, go to the same bar where you had your first drink together, or watch the first movie you ever saw with her, again. You’ll be surprised how shared memories have a way of getting people closer.
4. Plan your evening based on a particular common ‘theme’. Just select something which you both enjoy equally, maybe a common love for a particular movie, or pizza, just about anything, and simply plan your day around it. If you pick a movie, then dress up like the characters, re-enact your favourite sequences, dance to the songs. The idea is to spend some fun time together instead of dressing up, going out and spending time in some random crowded place.
5. If all hell breaks loose, and you are still indecisive as ever, then just go for “Netflix and chill”. Grab a pack of beer or a bottle of vodka, order dinner, and just binge-watch movies. There is insane pleasure in being lazy together, might as well explore it.